College’s husky dog logo promotes rape, says student

Go down

College’s husky dog logo promotes rape, says student

Post by Dennis324 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:48 am

SOURCE
The new logo for the University of Connecticut’s sports teams is a terrifying husky dog that calls to mind images of sexual assault, says one student.

The new logo was unveiled last week, receiving mixed-to-negative reviews from UConn fans who preferred the older, cuter husky dog.

But one student went much further, criticizing the new, meaner logo for being a pro-rape symbol.

In an open letter to UC President Susan Herbst, self-described feminist student Carolyn Luby wrote that the redesigned team logo will intimidate women and empower rape culture.

UConn basketball coach Geno Auriemma said the logo “is looking right through you and saying, ‘Do not mess with me.’ This is a streamlined, fighting dog, and I cannot wait for it to be on our uniforms and court.”

In response, Luby wrote, “What terrifies me about the admiration of such traits is that I know what it feels like to have a real life Husky look straight through you and to feel powerless, and to wonder if even the administration cannot ‘mess with them.’ And I know I am not alone.”

There were two sexual assaults at UConn involving athletes in the past year, Luby claimed.

The logo and the teams it represents are menacing to women, she wrote.

“The face of real life UConn athletics is certainly capable of frightening college women,” wrote Luby.

Herbst did not respond to requests for comment.

Really? REALLY??? This logo makes a student think of rape??? What kind of messed up mindset has that girl got?

*Sigh* I used to have to work at a University and I have seen this sort of BS before. Ultra-militant feminazis trying to cause trouble simply to see if they can get the administeration to cave. I've seen it time and time again. And God knows, we dont want to be un-PC on a college campus do we?

Does this logo make you think of rape?

Me either. (And to think, this person is a voter. 2 guesses as to who she votes for).

Smileys

Roll Tide!
Dennis324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: College’s husky dog logo promotes rape, says student

Post by Sir Pun on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:33 am

Typical. Bitch needs help...or attention

Sir Pun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 am

Sounds like shes into beastiality

Sir Pun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:36 am

I think there may be some shit in that woman's past she needs to work through. As for the general argument, we need a face palm icon.

Bryant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 am

It makes me think that they still suck at football, but make up for it in basketball. The new unis for football suck.

Oh, that bitch is off the reservation.

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
Marconius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SALTY on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:31 pm

I wonder if that was really an original thought by her, or was she influenced by someone.

also the article stated she was a feminist - that should be amended to say left-wing extremist feminist.

Of course, I can always pray for her as well

SALTY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:28 am

It does kind of make you wonder.  Wouldn't be surprised if she and her women's studies friends were dancing around the Maypole one night and decided to make an issue of this.

Roll Tide!
Dennis324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:26 am

[quote="SALTY"
also the article stated she was a feminist - that should be amended to say left-wing extremist feminist.[/quote]

Why automatically left-wing, out of curiousity? Are there no right-wing feminists?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:17 am

Not really that call thselves so, or complain about some nonsense like this lol. But dor the most part salty is right. Feminist basically means feminazi, or what i would characterize as such. I think feminism was needed to an extent, but the movement as a whole, today, is dominated by the left (and mostly about "reproductive rights") and goes well beyond equality, and into the realm of man-hating, and victim thinking. You know, the whole system is rigged by men to keep women down, yadda yadda. Stuck in the same kind of tired mentality as when the movement began, though the world is a far cry from the way it was back then.

Sir Pun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SALTY on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:42 am

Miles1 wrote:[quote="SALTY"
also the article stated she was a feminist - that should be amended to say left-wing extremist feminist.

Why automatically left-wing, out of curiousity? Are there no right-wing feminists? [/quote]

a right wing feminst would be a member of feminists against abortion

SALTY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Yep, plus I know of no right wing feminists who would be afraid that a cartoon logo of a husky was going to rape her.  lol!

Roll Tide!
Dennis324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down