Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Go down

Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Dennis324 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 am

Awww...one of my favorites too. No

Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

(Reuters) - Actor Andy Griffith, whose portrayal of a small-town sheriff made "The Andy Griffith Show" one of American television's most enduring shows, has died at his North Carolina home, television station WITN reported on Tuesday. The television station quoted a longtime friend as saying that the 86-year-old actor died at his home on Roanoke Island. The Dare County Sheriff's dispatcher would say only that an ambulance was called to Griffith's residence but would not comment further.

Griffith created another memorable character, the folksy defense lawyer in "Matlock" in the 1980s and '90s, but it was his portrayal of Sheriff Andy Taylor on the "The Andy Griffith Show" in the 1960s that gave him a place in U.S. television history.

The show portrayed life in the friendly, slow-moving fictional town of Mayberry, North Carolina, which was widely believed to have been based on Griffith's own hometown, Mount Airy, North Carolina.


_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Bryant on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 pm

I watched the Andy Griffith Show growing up...
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 30
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Marconius on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 pm

RIP Andy.

_________________
"If guns are supposed to kill people, then all of mine are defective..."
-The Honorable Ted Nugent

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
avatar
Marconius

Posts : 1800
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 48
Location : Opelousas Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Miles1 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 am

hah. lovely:

Meet the legions of wingnuts who think Andy Griffith was a communist and want him to burn in hell

Remember lovable old Andy Griffith, beloved star of music and TV, who died this week? Turns out that his career involved 46-second appearance in a Ron Howard-directed Barack Obama campaign ad, and a 32-second commercial for universal health care. For this, the online right wing have branded him a communist and figuratively danced upon his grave. Comments for The Blaze's obit for Griffith are seething with vituperative examples of Matlock-hating:

Progressive POS. Have fun burning in Hell for eternity. — Red Meat

Good people don’t promote laws that will directly lead to the death of millions, hope someday I get to spit on his grave. — Swampy

So long Andy [smiley emoticon] You are a total sell out to this great nation. You are a communist piece of garbage and you will not be missed. — Truthbeliever2

Sadly, my first thought when I saw the headline was “if he’d passed away at age 82 I would have missed him so much more” … Now, I only feel angry the old shill didn‘t live another year or two so he’d have to face a “death panel” before kicking it. The old bastrd died too soon to reap what he helped sow. I feel cheated that we’ll never get to hear him lament his decision to be a wh0re for the socialist DNC. — Wool-Free Vision

Another dead Democrat…today’s shaping up to be a better day than expected. — teddrunk


Comments are still up on the Blaze article, if you want to take a look

Am not taking a swipe at conservatives directly here, but jesus, the guy just died, have a little bit of decency FFS. If this was left-wingers giving out about someone who did a romney or bush ad before they died I'd be equally disgusted. Anyone with any decency should feel little bit ashamed to have people like this supporting the same side as them.

_________________
QVIDQVID LATINE DICTVM SIT, ALTVR PROFONDVS
avatar
Miles1

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 40
Location : Cork, IE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Dennis324 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Oh Geez...I remember this. Andy did a commercial supported Obama's healthcare plan and a lot of folks whispered that the people behind this commercial conned him into doing it. Maybe they did, maybe not. I dunno. Sad that there are a few nuts out there who take their politics too seriously.

Andy was ok. He may have been a Democrat, but he was one of the real good guys I think.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Marconius on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:28 pm

As far as I know, he never made his political stance that public. If he was a Dem, I didn't know about it. If he was a Rep, I didn't know about it.

_________________
"If guns are supposed to kill people, then all of mine are defective..."
-The Honorable Ted Nugent

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
avatar
Marconius

Posts : 1800
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 48
Location : Opelousas Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Marconius on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Miles1 wrote:hah. lovely:

Meet the legions of wingnuts who think Andy Griffith was a communist and want him to burn in hell

Remember lovable old Andy Griffith, beloved star of music and TV, who died this week? Turns out that his career involved 46-second appearance in a Ron Howard-directed Barack Obama campaign ad, and a 32-second commercial for universal health care. For this, the online right wing have branded him a communist and figuratively danced upon his grave. Comments for The Blaze's obit for Griffith are seething with vituperative examples of Matlock-hating:

Progressive POS. Have fun burning in Hell for eternity. — Red Meat

Good people don’t promote laws that will directly lead to the death of millions, hope someday I get to spit on his grave. — Swampy

So long Andy [smiley emoticon] You are a total sell out to this great nation. You are a communist piece of garbage and you will not be missed. — Truthbeliever2

Sadly, my first thought when I saw the headline was “if he’d passed away at age 82 I would have missed him so much more” … Now, I only feel angry the old shill didn‘t live another year or two so he’d have to face a “death panel” before kicking it. The old bastrd died too soon to reap what he helped sow. I feel cheated that we’ll never get to hear him lament his decision to be a wh0re for the socialist DNC. — Wool-Free Vision

Another dead Democrat…today’s shaping up to be a better day than expected. — teddrunk


Comments are still up on the Blaze article, if you want to take a look

Am not taking a swipe at conservatives directly here, but jesus, the guy just died, have a little bit of decency FFS. If this was left-wingers giving out about someone who did a romney or bush ad before they died I'd be equally disgusted. Anyone with any decency should feel little bit ashamed to have people like this supporting the same side as them.

The Blaze is not the best website in the world. Lots of extreme right wingers there.
They do not represent the same side as I do. They are neo-cons for the most part.
Calling out this shit is on a different planet than calling out a mispoken sentence or a misplaced vote. It most definately should be brought to attention.

Speaking of neo-cons, it seems Romney is surrounding himself with many of the neo-con of past admins. If I wasn't on my Crackberry, I would link the story. TUSA is in trouble either way.

_________________
"If guns are supposed to kill people, then all of mine are defective..."
-The Honorable Ted Nugent

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
avatar
Marconius

Posts : 1800
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 48
Location : Opelousas Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Dennis324 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Marconius wrote:As far as I know, he never made his political stance that public. If he was a Dem, I didn't know about it. If he was a Rep, I didn't know about it.
True. I was just guessing. He may have been a Republican, but I dunno for sure.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Miles1 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:24 am

Marconius wrote:

The Blaze is not the best website in the world. Lots of extreme right wingers there.

This could also play a large part in it:


_________________
QVIDQVID LATINE DICTVM SIT, ALTVR PROFONDVS
avatar
Miles1

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 40
Location : Cork, IE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by avlgal on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Who didn't love The Andy Griffith show?! Hard to imagine anyone would have trouble with him. As I remember, the advert I saw him do was simply to report medicare fraud. I thought it was a good idea. By the way, I have heard that the theme song for the show is taught to more birds by their owners than anything else! I'll be there are all kinds of videos of that on youtube!

For the record, that show was pretty accurate on how people in NC really were/are. Pretty humble. I always thought he showed a sweet side of our state.

We also lost Doc Watson shortly before Andy's death. We lost two great entertainers from our state. Proud of them both. Proud to call myself a North Carolinian...

_________________
Sarah
avatar
avlgal

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-02-07
Age : 65
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Dennis324 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 am

Ok, what's your favorite Andy Griffith episode? I think the one where Opie got those little birds was voted favorite in a poll a few years ago. But the one where Andy, Barney and Gomer went into the ghost house is by far the funniest imo. Smile

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina, TV station says

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum