Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Go down

Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Dennis324 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:39 am

Obama administration and Mexican government officials recently discussed creating a three-tier security system designed to protect Mexico’s southern border from drug and human traffickers, according to U.S. officials.
 
The border control plan calls for U.S. funding and technical support of three security lines extending more than 100 miles north of Mexico’s border with Guatemala and Belize. The border security system would use sensors and intelligence-gathering to counter human trafficking and drug running from the region, a major source of illegal immigration into the United States.Link
Listen, I'm not even gonna copy and paste any more of this article.  But Obama and his cronies have fought tooth and nail for 5 or 6 years now to prevent the US from building a fence along our own border...and now we hear he is considering funding a fence along MEXICO'S border????? 

What the ....?  Btw...I found this on a number of different website other than this one so...if ya don't like this source, Google it.  But I did NOT find it at CNN, NBC, or the NY Times.  Gee, wonder why the mainstream liberal media isn't all over this one?

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Bryant on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:20 am

Dennis324 wrote:
Obama administration and Mexican government officials recently discussed creating a three-tier security system designed to protect Mexico’s southern border from drug and human traffickers, according to U.S. officials.
 
The border control plan calls for U.S. funding and technical support of three security lines extending more than 100 miles north of Mexico’s border with Guatemala and Belize. The border security system would use sensors and intelligence-gathering to counter human trafficking and drug running from the region, a major source of illegal immigration into the United States.Link
Listen, I'm not even gonna copy and paste any more of this article.  But Obama and his cronies have fought tooth and nail for 5 or 6 years now to prevent the US from building a fence along our own border...and now we hear he is considering funding a fence along MEXICO'S border????? 

What the ....?  Btw...I found this on a number of different website other than this one so...if ya don't like this source, Google it.  But I did NOT find it at CNN, NBC, or the NY Times.  Gee, wonder why the mainstream liberal media isn't all over this one?
Because its a load of crock?
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Dennis324 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:58 am

Google it yourself.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Bryant on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:09 am

I did. All I found were two articles, one from freebeacon and the other from FOX. The Freebeacon article relies entirely on 'anonymous sources' and provides NO evidence to back up their claims. The Fox article was a short summary of the beacon piece and offered no new insights.
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Dennis324 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:24 am

I didn't see the one from Fox.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Sir Pun on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Found a town hall source, but im sure that is t acceptable either.

Sir Pun

Posts : 1621
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Sir Pun on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Heres a list of more, but yeah no nyt in there anywhere

Sir Pun

Posts : 1621
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Miles1 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:01 am

I just clicked every single link on the first 2 pages of that google search, and every page either links back/refers to the freebeacon story, or the fox news story - and actually the fox news story links to the freebeacon story as its source. So, you're still talking about a single source for the story here.

_________________
QVIDQVID LATINE DICTVM SIT, ALTVR PROFONDVS
avatar
Miles1

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 40
Location : Cork, IE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Marconius on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:39 am

Gotta ask;

Why would Mexico need a fence on its southern border???

I don't think they do and I don't think it would ever be considered.

_________________
"If guns are supposed to kill people, then all of mine are defective..."
-The Honorable Ted Nugent

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
avatar
Marconius

Posts : 1800
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 48
Location : Opelousas Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Dennis324 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:54 pm

More importantly to me, why would the US feel the need to help fund it?

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Dennis324 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Back on '06 the NY Times did post an article about the US helping Mexico with its southern border.  Link  That was during Bush administration and we reportedly offered $2 million in aid then to help Mexico deport illegal Central American immigrants.  This has probably evolved from deporting, to helping them build their fence now.
 
LA Times wrote:Security at border crossings will be strengthened, officials say, and sophisticated "internal control" stations will be set up a few miles inside the country along commonly-used migration routes, to better monitor the movement of goods and people.

The government is also expanding a program to record the fingerprints, photos and other identifying features of migrants, the newspaper Milenio reported. High-tech biometric kiosks, partially paid for by the U.S. government, will record the data of those applying for temporary visitor and work permits  SOURCE

There.  An LA Times article essentially saying the same thing as my 1st post.  Is that good enough for you?  Not only that but the things we are paying for are the very same types of things we want here on our own border...but cant get.
 
Geez I post an article then have to move heaven and earth to 'prove these things to you.  But the mainstream media, (who are the ONLY sources yall want me to use), wont report on this because they are in the tank with the Obama administration.  And they don't want this getting out.  Folks, I wouldn't post a lie to you.    Meanwhile some of you guys quote sources that aren't conservative (like NPR and KVTR.org) or mainstream like theHuffington Post or Parentdish.com yourselves. 
 
But let me post an article from a conservative or non-mainstream site and ya'll think I'm lying or falling for conservative lunacy.  Theres a bit of a double-standard in here.
  

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Bryant on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:25 am

Dennis324 wrote:Back on '06 the NY Times did post an article about the US helping Mexico with its southern border.  Link  That was during Bush administration and we reportedly offered $2 million in aid then to help Mexico deport illegal Central American immigrants.  This has probably evolved from deporting, to helping them build their fence now.
 
LA Times wrote:Security at border crossings will be strengthened, officials say, and sophisticated "internal control" stations will be set up a few miles inside the country along commonly-used migration routes, to better monitor the movement of goods and people.

The government is also expanding a program to record the fingerprints, photos and other identifying features of migrants, the newspaper Milenio reported. High-tech biometric kiosks, partially paid for by the U.S. government, will record the data of those applying for temporary visitor and work permits  SOURCE

There.  An LA Times article essentially saying the same thing as my 1st post.  Is that good enough for you?  Not only that but the things we are paying for are the very same types of things we want here on our own border...but cant get.
 
Geez I post an article then have to move heaven and earth to 'prove these things to you.  But the mainstream media, (who are the ONLY sources yall want me to use), wont report on this because they are in the tank with the Obama administration.  And they don't want this getting out.  Folks, I wouldn't post a lie to you.    Meanwhile some of you guys quote sources that aren't conservative (like NPR and KVTR.org) or mainstream like theHuffington Post or Parentdish.com yourselves. 
 
But let me post an article from a conservative or non-mainstream site and ya'll think I'm lying or falling for conservative lunacy.  Theres a bit of a double-standard in here.
  
I read your article, and I pointed out that it failed to provide any evidence for its claims. All of its sources were 'anonymous.' Why I was skeptical of the media outlet, I still gave it consideration. I'm not accusing you of lying to us, I know you have far too much integrity for that. Rather I'm challenging the information put forth. There is a huge difference between saying that I think you are incorrect and saying that you're trying to mislead us.

I'll readily admit that Huffington Post has a political angle (not to say they're necessarily wrong, just that they have to be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism). NPR gets a bad rap from some folks on the right, and so far as I can tell that mostly comes from a misinformation campaign from FOX News, who were trying to undermine what they view as a vulnerable competitor (Newscorp tried the same thing with the BBC, difference was that the BBC had enough of a spine to fight back while NPR instinctively went into self destruct mode). Try reading some NPR articles, while some opinion pieces (usually very clearly marked as such) may take a liberal or conservative stance, the news content (most of what they are) is usually as neutral as possible. They have some of the strictest ethics and oversight standards of any media outlet. KVPR.org is a Fresno/Bakersfield based NPR affiliate station that is usually a good source for whats going on in Central California. Most of their broadcast area is actually solidly Republican, although they tend not to run articles taking a stand on controversial topics. I have no clue about parentdish, someone on Facebook posted that. It may well be bunk as well.
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Dennis324 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 am

I actually listen to NPR most every night before I go to bed.  Smile

But my info on us giving money to Mexico to put up a fence is well-intentioned and so far as I can tell,...accurate.  I try very hard to give links to my sources so that you guys will know I'm not just tossing out rumors.

I haven't found it yet, but I'd bet Citizens against Govt waste has something about this on their website too.  Because it is waste...if we are going to give money to Mexico for a fence but cant be bothered to put one up on our own border.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Bryant on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:59 am

Dennis324 wrote:I actually listen to NPR most every night before I go to bed.  Smile

But my info on us giving money to Mexico to put up a fence is well-intentioned and so far as I can tell,...accurate.  I try very hard to give links to my sources so that you guys will know I'm not just tossing out rumors.

I haven't found it yet, but I'd bet Citizens against Govt waste has something about this on their website too.  Because it is waste...if we are going to give money to Mexico for a fence but cant be bothered to put one up on our own border.
If we provide Mexico with intel or similar assistance combating human trafficking and drug trade on their southern border I'm OK with that. Not only is it the ethical thing to do, but it also directly or indirectly benefits us (where are most of those drugs and people going?). If we are planning to help Mexico build a fence I'll be right there with you opposing it. I don't think a fence on the US boarder is a good investment in money (look at places like San Diego where there is a fence, cartels and traffickers still find ways through), and a fence in southern Mexico is likely to be far less effective. I think that would be a horrible waste of taxpayer money.
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Dennis324 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:52 am

I'm not opposed to helping them with intel either.  Same goes for helping Columbia and Mexico with intel in fighting drugs and crime.  And I don't know if the deal to build a fence on Mexico's border has been finalized yet.  I just don't think we should spend money on that if we wont build one here.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Administration Considers Plan to Bolster Mexico’s Southern Border

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum