Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 pm



NEW YORK – New Zealander Trevor Loudon has just published an encyclopedic new 689-page volume, “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress,” to accompany his 668-page 2011 book, “Barack Obama and the Enemies Within.”
In both volumes, Loudon has proved himself to be among the foremost experts in the world investigating and reporting the penetration of communists, socialists and the current group of “progressives” affiliated with Democratic Party politics who portray themselves as liberals.
 
In his 2011 book, Loudon presented documented evidence that Barack Obama’s rise in politics was not an accident, but a conscious, decade-long effort by the radical left to promote a candidate with African roots. Obama, he said, was packaged as an engaging and seemingly harmless Trojan Horse radical, sent to Chicago to refine his skills running for office as a Democratic Party politician.
It is impossible to read “Barack Obama and the Enemies Within” without being convinced that Obama’s education in communist ideology stretches from the extracurricular education he received from Communist Party mentor Frank Marshall Davis in Honolulu to his recruitment as a New Party candidate in Chicago, with strong ties to the Democratic Socialists of America.
 
Loudon continues naming names in his current volume, “The Enemies Within,” which documents how extensively communists, socialists and progressives have penetrated the U.S. Congress, running on the Democratic Party ticket.
 
The goal of these radicals in Congress, Loudon demonstrates, is the same goal Obama announced when running for president in 2008, to transform the United States from the constitutional republic established by its Founding Fathers into a radical socialist state. The aim is to be achieved through passing extensive social welfare legislation designed to bankrupt a government adhering to concepts of private property and private enterprise.
 
The congressional profiles of current members of Congress provides extensive evidence of radical leftist ties in the backgrounds of top Democratic Party legislators, including Democratic Party Sens. Barbara Boxer, Dick Durbin, Tom Harkin, Barbara Mikulski, Elizabeth Warren, Ed Markey, Debbie Stabenow, Al Franken, Sherrod Brown, Ron Wyden, Jeff Merkley, Patty Murray and Tammy Baldwin.

In the House of Representatives, Loudon profiles the radical left background of Democratic Party Reps. Nancy Pelosi, Louis Gutierrez, John Conyers, Charles Rangel, Marcy Kaptur, Peter DeFazio, Sheila Jackson Lee, Jim McDermott and dozens more.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/communists-in-congress-just-count-em/#hszDLBgkJrR5W3C6.99
I dunno about them being members of the Communist party, but they certainly are among the most radical members of Congress.  This sort of parallels what I was posting about Obama a week or so ago.  His mentor was communist, as was his dad.  His mom was a socialist as were his grandparents.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Sir Pun on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:42 am

Well, duh lol

Sir Pun

Posts : 1621
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Sir Pun on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:48 am

Thing is though, this isnt just going on here. Its alrdy taken over wstern europe, not counting all the communist bastions around the world. So does the global movement join up one day?

Sir Pun

Posts : 1621
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Bryant on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:59 pm

I think its hilarious that anyone thinks a group as undisciplined as the Democratic Party would be capable of pulling off a conspiracy like that. People need to quit trying to summon the ghost of McCarthy and move on with life. If Obama really were a communist, he's not very good at it!
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Sir Pun on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Not a conspiracy in their eyes, its just the where their ideology comes from, and absolutely the radical left has taken control of the core of the party over the last several decades.

Sir Pun

Posts : 1621
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Bryant wrote:I think its hilarious that anyone thinks a group as undisciplined as the Democratic Party would be capable of pulling off a conspiracy like that.  People need to quit trying to summon the ghost of McCarthy and move on with life.  If Obama really were a communist, he's not very good at it!
Its not the Democratic Party.  The really dangerous ones are the secular progressives, most of whom have Marxist, socialist or communist backgrounds.
 
Oh, and Obama and his advisors are brilliant to have accomplished gaining so much power.  However if the rest of us were asleep as the Dems want us to be, his regime would have gotten away with far more than it has.  Even so, it will probably get away with Benghazi, Fast and Furious (anyone talking about that anymore?), funneling guns and weapons to Syria, and totally blundering their way through the Egyptian affair.
 
Obama's not worried in the least.  The economy is in shambles, the debt is two or three times as bad as it was, gas prices are waaay higher than when he took office, prices at the grocery store are higher than ever.  Iranian agents are making inroads into South America.  We now have absolutely no credibility in the Middle east or anywhere else for that matter.  The middle east is on fire, partially due to his supporting the Muslim Brotherhood (who are killing Egyptian Copts) and he's playing golf and taking lavish vacations.  His Sec of State is wind surfing when he ought to be at work trying to figure out how all this stuff is gonna affect the US and finding a way to help the Copts.
 
But they don't care.  They have power now and have noooo worries.  They have gay marriage , the end of Don't ask don't tell, and Obamacare.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Bryant on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:I think its hilarious that anyone thinks a group as undisciplined as the Democratic Party would be capable of pulling off a conspiracy like that.  People need to quit trying to summon the ghost of McCarthy and move on with life.  If Obama really were a communist, he's not very good at it!
Its not the Democratic Party.  The really dangerous ones are the secular progressives, most of whom have Marxist, socialist or communist backgrounds.
How do you figure? I sure know that I don't!
 
Oh, and Obama and his advisors are brilliant to have accomplished gaining so much power.  However if the rest of us were asleep as the Dems want us to be, his regime would have gotten away with far more than it has.  Even so, it will probably get away with Benghazi, Fast and Furious (anyone talking about that anymore?), funneling guns and weapons to Syria, and totally blundering their way through the Egyptian affair.
Fast and Furious was a low level continuation of another low level project. Thats why the GOP gave up on it.

Benghazi was a non issue, the best that they GOP was able to latch onto was the embarrassing aftermath of a pissing match between the State Department and the DOD.

There was never a secret about support to Syrian rebel groups.

Who else has done better with Egypt?
 
...The economy is in shambles
While not where we would like for it to be, the economy certainly isn't in shambles. Unemployment is down to 7.6%, exports are up, the GDP and Wall Street keep setting record highs, and housing prices are recovering. Growth rate could certainly be higher and unemployment lower, however it doesn't fit the doomsday story the GOP has been pedaling.

the debt is two or three times as bad as it was
Could have something to do with a certain group preventing the government from collecting revenue?

gas prices are waaay higher than when he took office
Post hoc ergo propter hoc?

prices at the grocery store are higher than ever
Because of drought and gas prices...

Iranian agents are making inroads into South America.
If so, what are we supposed to do? So long as no one breaks to embargo I'm not sure how much power we have.

We now have absolutely no credibility in the Middle east or anywhere else for that matter.
We haven't had much credibility in the Middle East since Carter at the latest. If we have lost credibility elsewhere its because congress, not Obama. Funny you should take a shot at Obama after you had GWB.

The middle east is on fire...
Status quo for how many centuries?

...partially due to his supporting the Muslim Brotherhood (who are killing Egyptian Copts)
How was he a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood? We did business with them after they were elected because the alternative was loosing any influence in Egypt. Its not like Obama advocated for the Brotherhood. We do business with far worse in other countries.

...and he's playing golf and taking lavish vacations.
He rented a vacation home. For gods sake, the guy has had 90 days off since taking the job in 2009! The POTUS doesn't get weekends or holidays off. Even when on vacation he still has to work. God forbid he gets out of DC and gets a little fresh air.... If your boss was up your ass for having 90 days off (not necessarily vacation, just in general) over a period of five years how would you feel? The 90ish days is also far below precedent for this point in a presidency.

His Sec of State is wind surfing when he ought to be at work trying to figure out how all this stuff is gonna affect the US and finding a way to help the Copts.


What do you want him to do, send in the Seals? Wave his magic wand? We may be the most power nation on the planet, but we can't simply snap our fingers and have them do what we want. Kerry also has staff that I'm sure are at the office doing everything they can.
 
But they don't care.  They have power now and have noooo worries.  They have gay marriage , the end of Don't ask don't tell, and Obamacare.[/quote]
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:I think its hilarious that anyone thinks a group as undisciplined as the Democratic Party would be capable of pulling off a conspiracy like that.  People need to quit trying to summon the ghost of McCarthy and move on with life.  If Obama really were a communist, he's not very good at it!
Its not the Democratic Party.  The really dangerous ones are the secular progressives, most of whom have Marxist, socialist or communist backgrounds.
How do you figure?  I sure know that I don't!
 
I would refer you back to this post I made.  And i stand by it.  In that thread I listed 13  Obama advisors who have either Socialist or Marxist or Communist backgrounds.  Not to mention his own mother, who was a socialist.  His Mentor, who was a member of the Communist party USA, and his father.  Again, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, hangs out with ducks, its probably a duck.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Bryant on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:I think its hilarious that anyone thinks a group as undisciplined as the Democratic Party would be capable of pulling off a conspiracy like that.  People need to quit trying to summon the ghost of McCarthy and move on with life.  If Obama really were a communist, he's not very good at it!
Its not the Democratic Party.  The really dangerous ones are the secular progressives, most of whom have Marxist, socialist or communist backgrounds.
How do you figure?  I sure know that I don't!
 
I would refer you back to this post I made.  And i stand by it.  In that thread I listed 13  Obama advisors who have either Socialist or Marxist or Communist backgrounds.  Not to mention his own mother, who was a socialist.  His Mentor, who was a member of the Communist party USA, and his father.  Again, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, hangs out with ducks, its probably a duck.
The post that accused several people of being communists without evidence? Or 'they have ties to unions, ergo communist?'
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Bryant wrote:

Benghazi was a non issue, the best that they GOP was able to latch onto was the embarrassing aftermath of a pissing match between the State Department and the DOD.

There was never a secret about support to Syrian rebel groups.
Bryant...that's the problem.  Your a friend, but it puzzles me why the left thinks that there was nothing whatsoever to the murder of a US ambassador, why the Ambassador wasn't protected by US Marines (rather than Libyan guards whatever that means) and why no one will admit to giving the order to stand down when help was repeatedly requested.

The left doesn't care!  They cared about Iran Contra though.  They cared about the Marine barracks bombing in Beruit.  They care when a GOP president is in charge, but let their Messiah Obama step in it and all of a sudden its not an issue.  Btw the funneling of weapons to Syrian rebels (I use that word lightly) was, in fact, a secret because by doing so we broke a treaty with Russia.  Plus I don't remember Obama boasting about it or Benghazi back when he was running for President.  If it wasn't a secret, if he thought funneling weapons was a good idea back then why not tell the world about it?

He didn't because it was a secret.  And it broke the law.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:I think its hilarious that anyone thinks a group as undisciplined as the Democratic Party would be capable of pulling off a conspiracy like that.  People need to quit trying to summon the ghost of McCarthy and move on with life.  If Obama really were a communist, he's not very good at it!
Its not the Democratic Party.  The really dangerous ones are the secular progressives, most of whom have Marxist, socialist or communist backgrounds.
How do you figure?  I sure know that I don't!
 
I would refer you back to this post I made.  And i stand by it.  In that thread I listed 13  Obama advisors who have either Socialist or Marxist or Communist backgrounds.  Not to mention his own mother, who was a socialist.  His Mentor, who was a member of the Communist party USA, and his father.  Again, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, hangs out with ducks, its probably a duck.
The post that accused several people of being communists without evidence?  Or 'they have ties to unions, ergo communist?'
Oh gimmee a break man.  So I lied about this?  You don't think Frank Marshal Davis was a Communist?  You don't think Obamas mom and dad were Socialists?  (His dad was a Muslim).  David Bonior had no ties then to the Democratic Socialists of America?  Van Jones is not a Marxist?  No proof of that? 

Go back and look at all those people who are advisors to the President.  Its ridiculous to claim there's no proof of their politics.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Bryant on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:09 am

Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:I think its hilarious that anyone thinks a group as undisciplined as the Democratic Party would be capable of pulling off a conspiracy like that.  People need to quit trying to summon the ghost of McCarthy and move on with life.  If Obama really were a communist, he's not very good at it!
Its not the Democratic Party.  The really dangerous ones are the secular progressives, most of whom have Marxist, socialist or communist backgrounds.
How do you figure?  I sure know that I don't!
 
I would refer you back to this post I made.  And i stand by it.  In that thread I listed 13  Obama advisors who have either Socialist or Marxist or Communist backgrounds.  Not to mention his own mother, who was a socialist.  His Mentor, who was a member of the Communist party USA, and his father.  Again, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, hangs out with ducks, its probably a duck.
The post that accused several people of being communists without evidence?  Or 'they have ties to unions, ergo communist?'
Oh gimmee a break man.  So I lied about this?  You don't think Frank Marshal Davis was a Communist?  You don't think Obamas mom and dad were Socialists?  (His dad was a Muslim).  David Bonior had no ties then to the Democratic Socialists of America?  Van Jones is not a Marxist?  No proof of that? 

Go back and look at all those people who are advisors to the President.  Its ridiculous to claim there's no proof of their politics.
From what I read Jones was a communist...back in his college days.  Davis was not a communist, although he did work with some.  Bonior flew for the USAF during Vietnam, by which I mean he literally fought comminism.
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 am

Bryant wrote:
the debt is two or three times as bad as it was
Could have something to do with a certain group preventing the government from collecting revenue?
It has everything to do with Obama and the Dems raising the debt ceiling against the protests of the GOP.  Obama has tripled the debt since taking office.

gas prices are waaay higher than when he took office
Post hoc ergo propter hoc?
  lol! 


prices at the grocery store are higher than ever
Because of drought and gas prices...

No drought hee.  Gas prices though cause shipping prices to rise.

Iranian agents are making inroads into South America.
If so, what are we supposed to do?  So long as no one breaks to embargo I'm not sure how much power we have.

Sounds like something Obama might say.  Maybe try a little diplomacy and improve relations with the nations in S. America?  Maybe make it worth their while to turn their backs on Iran and do business with us?

We now have absolutely no credibility in the Middle east or anywhere else for that matter.
We haven't had much credibility in the Middle East since Carter at the latest.  If we have lost credibility elsewhere its because congress, not Obama.  Funny you should take a shot at Obama after you had GWB.

You should know GWB wasn't a favorite of mine, nor have I boasted of his administration.  But no one listens to us anymore in the Middle East.  We don't have credibility in Egypt or the Middle East because we turned our backs on Mubarak to get Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood in control.  We had threatened to cut off aid in the wake of the violence but Egypt and the Middle east feels it is an empty threat.  It is clear that the overthrow of the Morsi govt was a coup, yet Obama refuses to call it one because to do so would meqn cutting off aid (tribute).

The middle east is on fire...
Status quo for how many centuries?

I have visited Alexandria Egypt and Tunis Tunisia in peace and had a good time there.  Bryant, you know the Arab Spring changed things...right?

...partially due to his supporting the Muslim Brotherhood (who are killing Egyptian Copts)
How was he a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood?  We did business with them after they were elected because the alternative was loosing any influence in Egypt.  Its not like Obama advocated for the Brotherhood.  We do business with far worse in other countries.

You like the NY Times right?  I think you listed them recently as one of the papers you respect.  Well...click Here then. 

...and he's playing golf and taking lavish vacations.
He rented a vacation home.  For gods sake, the guy has had 90 days off since taking the job in 2009!  The POTUS doesn't get weekends or holidays off.  Even when on vacation he still has to work.  God forbid he gets out of DC and gets a little fresh air....  If your boss was up your ass for having 90 days off (not necessarily vacation, just in general) over a period of five years how would you feel?  The 90ish days is also far below precedent for this point in a presidency.

You think now is the best time to take a vacation given all that's happening in the Middle East?

His Sec of State is wind surfing when he ought to be at work trying to figure out how all this stuff is gonna affect the US and finding a way to help the Copts.
What do you want him to do, send in the Seals?  Wave his magic wand?  We may be the most power nation on the planet, but we can't simply snap our fingers and have them do what we want.  Kerry also has staff that I'm sure are at the office doing everything they can.
 
But they don't care.  They have power now and have noooo worries.  They have gay marriage , the end of Don't ask don't tell, and Obamacare.
[/quote]The SEALS cant fix this problem.  It will take diplomacy.

1. The 1st thing to do is for Egypt to get control of the chaos.  Send John Kerry to sit down and meet with Egyptian officials (the Army).  Find out what they need short of weapons.  (They have weapons already). 

Let them know we are serious about the slaughter of innocents in Egypt.  If they want our continued support, some things are going to have to change.  Demand the protection of the Copts and demand that Egypt seeks out and brings to justice the Muslim Brotherhood.  The Egyptian police have been seen standing by while Islamic radicals (Muslim Brotherhood) have raped and killed innocent people there.  Demand that this stop.  Then demand that free elections take place but that radical groups like the Muslim Brotherhood cannot participate.  Those people tried that and look what happened.  500 deaths and 3000 injuries is not acceptable.

2. John Kerry must them immediately meet with officials in Saudi Arabia.  Saudi is the key to this whole thing because they are bankrolling the Egyptian govt right now.  That has to stop.   General al-Sisi will not take American diplomatic efforts seriously as long as they can rely on Saudi money.  But Egypt has had a gas shortage and has received aid from Saudi, Kuwait and Qatar.  Saudi and Kuwait are allies of ours.  It is not in their best interests that Egypt be in such turmoil.  Plus I think Saudi Arabia hates the Muslim Brotherhood.  How can we sway them?  We can encourage and aid (if necessary via intel) in the Egyptian army in eradicating the Muslim Brotherhood.  (See how Obama supporting Morsi has hurt this situation now)?  But by helping eradicate the Muslim brotherhood...even if only diplomatically, this would be helping Saudi.

Also it appears that Saudi is supporting the Syrian Rebels. We could allow this to happen..ie, turn a blind eye to this.  I suppose if we must, we could also aid them but I wouldn't give them weapons.  Plus I'd only do it so long as the crisis in Egypt is taking place.

We have leverage if we are willing to use it.  Egypt wants our tanks and jets.  They want our money.  Saudi wont give them money (like some say) if we make a deal with them because Saudi is one of our main business partners.  We buy their oil.  So does the Army still want to do business with the United States?  Set conditions then.  If John Kerry wusses out, send John Bolton.  He'll kick a few butts and get the point across.

And you cant do any of this playing golf or windsurfing.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Marconius on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:59 am

Bryant wrote:
Fast and Furious was a low level continuation of another low level project.  Thats why the GOP gave up on it. That is patently false. Must be an echo in here.

Benghazi was a non issue, the best that they GOP was able to latch onto was the embarrassing aftermath of a pissing match between the State Department and the DOD. We do not know the whole story yet and it seems you really don't want it, 'cause at this point in time....what does it matter. Yet another echo.

There was never a secret about support to Syrian rebel groups.OK truth

Who else has done better with Egypt?Egyptian military???
 
While not where we would like for it to be, the economy certainly isn't in shambles.  Unemployment is down to 7.6%,Only because we have dropped most of them off the records exports are up, the GDP and Wall Street keep setting record highsartificially propped by fiat money dumped into it by the Fed, and housing prices are recovering.'cause government is back to forcing banks to taking those same damn loans that got us there in the first place. They did rename them though, so it's all cool.  Growth rate could certainly be higher and unemployment lower, however it doesn't fit the doomsday story the GOP has been pedaling.Ahhh, the GAO is non-partisan. What exactly have they been saying??? Answer is: we won't last until 2016 at this rate.

Could have something to do with a certain group preventing the government from collecting revenue?This pisses me off too. Why do some really want to keep almost 1/2 of us from paying "their fair share"??? Oh.....you were talking about that rate increase that would have only paid for about 2 weeks of bills.


Post hoc ergo propter hoc? Is that some foreign language used to describe the increase in pricing due to increased regulations???

Because of drought and gas prices...ahhh.....no. That only covers less than 5% of the increase and doesn't come close to telling us why prices, in my area, have increased two fold in the past 12 months. Devaluation of currency and the resulting inflation is a better reason.

If so, what are we supposed to do?  So long as no one breaks to embargo I'm not sure how much power we have.Yeah, not sure I want another cold war either.

We haven't had much credibility in the Middle East since Carter at the latest.  If we have lost credibility elsewhere its because congress, not Obama.  Funny you should take a shot at Obama after you had GWB.Total spin here. Carter had absolutely no credibility with anyone until years after he left office. Reagan had tons more.

Status quo for how many centuries?Yeah, the desert has always been kinda hot.

How was he a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood?  We did business with them after they were elected because the alternative was loosing any influence in Egypt.  Its not like Obama advocated for the Brotherhood.  We do business with far worse in other countries.Our government did pick their candidate as "our boy" from the beginning. I kinda mentioned that in another thread that was getting spun.

He rented a vacation home.  For gods sake, the guy has had 90 days off since taking the job in 2009!  The POTUS doesn't get weekends or holidays off.  Even when on vacation he still has to work.  God forbid he gets out of DC and gets a little fresh air....  If your boss was up your ass for having 90 days off (not necessarily vacation, just in general) over a period of five years how would you feel?  The 90ish days is also far below precedent for this point in a presidency.Actually, most of us would feel very lucky. Not I though. I can take months at a time off. What I can't do, is spend billions to ship my dog and some B-balls back home. Wish I could though. That would be sweet


What do you want him to do, send in the Seals?  Wave his magic wand?  We may be the most power nation on the planet, but we can't simply snap our fingers and have them do what we want.  Kerry also has staff that I'm sure are at the office doing everything they can.True.
 

_________________
"If guns are supposed to kill people, then all of mine are defective..."
-The Honorable Ted Nugent

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
avatar
Marconius

Posts : 1800
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 48
Location : Opelousas Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Marconius on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 am

Dennis324 wrote:
Bryant wrote:
the debt is two or three times as bad as it was
Could have something to do with a certain group preventing the government from collecting revenue?
It has everything to do with Obama and the Dems raising the debt ceiling against the protests of the GOP.  Obama has tripled the debt since taking office.

gas prices are waaay higher than when he took office
Post hoc ergo propter hoc?
  lol! 


prices at the grocery store are higher than ever
Because of drought and gas prices...

No drought hee.  Gas prices though cause shipping prices to rise.

Iranian agents are making inroads into South America.
If so, what are we supposed to do?  So long as no one breaks to embargo I'm not sure how much power we have.

Sounds like something Obama might say.  Maybe try a little diplomacy and improve relations with the nations in S. America?  Maybe make it worth their while to turn their backs on Iran and do business with us?

We now have absolutely no credibility in the Middle east or anywhere else for that matter.
We haven't had much credibility in the Middle East since Carter at the latest.  If we have lost credibility elsewhere its because congress, not Obama.  Funny you should take a shot at Obama after you had GWB.

You should know GWB wasn't a favorite of mine, nor have I boasted of his administration.  But no one listens to us anymore in the Middle East.  We don't have credibility in Egypt or the Middle East because we turned our backs on Mubarak to get Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood in control.  We had threatened to cut off aid in the wake of the violence but Egypt and the Middle east feels it is an empty threat.  It is clear that the overthrow of the Morsi govt was a coup, yet Obama refuses to call it one because to do so would meqn cutting off aid (tribute).

The middle east is on fire...
Status quo for how many centuries?

I have visited Alexandria Egypt and Tunis Tunisia in peace and had a good time there.  Bryant, you know the Arab Spring changed things...right?

...partially due to his supporting the Muslim Brotherhood (who are killing Egyptian Copts)
How was he a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood?  We did business with them after they were elected because the alternative was loosing any influence in Egypt.  Its not like Obama advocated for the Brotherhood.  We do business with far worse in other countries.

You like the NY Times right?  I think you listed them recently as one of the papers you respect.  Well...click Here then. 

...and he's playing golf and taking lavish vacations.
He rented a vacation home.  For gods sake, the guy has had 90 days off since taking the job in 2009!  The POTUS doesn't get weekends or holidays off.  Even when on vacation he still has to work.  God forbid he gets out of DC and gets a little fresh air....  If your boss was up your ass for having 90 days off (not necessarily vacation, just in general) over a period of five years how would you feel?  The 90ish days is also far below precedent for this point in a presidency.

You think now is the best time to take a vacation given all that's happening in the Middle East?

His Sec of State is wind surfing when he ought to be at work trying to figure out how all this stuff is gonna affect the US and finding a way to help the Copts.
What do you want him to do, send in the Seals?  Wave his magic wand?  We may be the most power nation on the planet, but we can't simply snap our fingers and have them do what we want.  Kerry also has staff that I'm sure are at the office doing everything they can.
 
But they don't care.  They have power now and have noooo worries.  They have gay marriage , the end of Don't ask don't tell, and Obamacare.
The SEALS cant fix this problem.  It will take diplomacy.

1. The 1st thing to do is for Egypt to get control of the chaos.  Send John Kerry to sit down and meet with Egyptian officials (the Army).  Find out what they need short of weapons.  (They have weapons already). 

Let them know we are serious about the slaughter of innocents in Egypt.  If they want our continued support, some things are going to have to change.  Demand the protection of the Copts and demand that Egypt seeks out and brings to justice the Muslim Brotherhood.  The Egyptian police have been seen standing by while Islamic radicals (Muslim Brotherhood) have raped and killed innocent people there.  Demand that this stop.  Then demand that free elections take place but that radical groups like the Muslim Brotherhood cannot participate.  Those people tried that and look what happened.  500 deaths and 3000 injuries is not acceptable.

2. John Kerry must them immediately meet with officials in Saudi Arabia.  Saudi is the key to this whole thing because they are bankrolling the Egyptian govt right now.  That has to stop.   General al-Sisi will not take American diplomatic efforts seriously as long as they can rely on Saudi money.  But Egypt has had a gas shortage and has received aid from Saudi, Kuwait and Qatar.  Saudi and Kuwait are allies of ours.  It is not in their best interests that Egypt be in such turmoil.  Plus I think Saudi Arabia hates the Muslim Brotherhood.  How can we sway them?  We can encourage and aid (if necessary via intel) in the Egyptian army in eradicating the Muslim Brotherhood.  (See how Obama supporting Morsi has hurt this situation now)?  But by helping eradicate the Muslim brotherhood...even if only diplomatically, this would be helping Saudi.

Also it appears that Saudi is supporting the Syrian Rebels. We could allow this to happen..ie, turn a blind eye to this.  I suppose if we must, we could also aid them but I wouldn't give them weapons.  Plus I'd only do it so long as the crisis in Egypt is taking place.

We have leverage if we are willing to use it.  Egypt wants our tanks and jets.  They want our money.  Saudi wont give them money (like some say) if we make a deal with them because Saudi is one of our main business partners.  We buy their oil.  So does the Army still want to do business with the United States?  Set conditions then.  If John Kerry wusses out, send John Bolton.  He'll kick a few butts and get the point across.

And you cant do any of this playing golf or windsurfing.[/quote]



I used red too. I think Ima have to switch to purple.....or yellow.

_________________
"If guns are supposed to kill people, then all of mine are defective..."
-The Honorable Ted Nugent

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
avatar
Marconius

Posts : 1800
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 48
Location : Opelousas Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Bryant on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 am

Post hoc ergo propter hoc is latin for "after this, therefore because of this." Its a logical fallacy where one claims that because x precedes y, x must cause y. Its false causation.

Gas prices were low when Obama came to office because global demand plummeted in late 2008/early 2009 due to the global recession. As the markets began to turn around demand rose, resulting in an increase in fuel prices (back to around where they were prior to the recession). While the statement that gas was far cheaper when Obama first came to office is true, Obama's election isn't the reason gas prices went up.
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Sir Pun on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:51 am

Amazing to me how many issues are non issues for obama

Sir Pun

Posts : 1621
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Sir Pun on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:57 am

Bryant wrote:Post hoc ergo propter hoc is latin for "after this, therefore because of this."  Its a logical fallacy where one claims that because x precedes y, x must cause y.  Its false causation.  

Gas prices were low when Obama came to office because global demand plummeted in late 2008/early 2009 due to the global recession.  As the markets began to turn around demand rose, resulting in an increase in fuel prices (back to around where they were prior to the recession).  While the statement that gas was far cheaper when Obama first came to office is true, Obama's election isn't the reason gas prices went up.
but he sure aint the reason theyve gone down either. You dont think our monetary policies of infusing more and more printed money is leading to the devaluation of the dollar, thus making everything more expensive?

Sir Pun

Posts : 1621
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:02 am

I dunno...killing that keystone pipeline and suspending deep water drilling really hurt.  And is it true that Obama plans to tax big oil even more in the near future?

And yeah, the devaluing of the dollar just makes things worse.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Marconius on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:20 am

Bryant wrote:Post hoc ergo propter hoc is latin for "after this, therefore because of this."  Its a logical fallacy where one claims that because x precedes y, x must cause y.  Its false causation.  

Gas prices were low when Obama came to office because global demand plummeted in late 2008/early 2009 due to the global recession.  As the markets began to turn around demand rose, resulting in an increase in fuel prices (back to around where they were prior to the recession).  While the statement that gas was far cheaper when Obama first came to office is true, Obama's election isn't the reason gas prices went up.
1)We know what it means

2) Still spinning. If memory would serve you correct, global demand did not drop off. Emerging economies such as China and India took up the slack. Prices had dropped long before the recession hit.

It is easy to blame one guy when that one guy went public and admitted that his policies would cause a necessary increase in prices because he wanted to shift to alternative means(Google it, Bing it if your nasty......plenty of vids of him saying it on Youtube). He did keep his word.

echo......echo.....echo

_________________
"If guns are supposed to kill people, then all of mine are defective..."
-The Honorable Ted Nugent

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
avatar
Marconius

Posts : 1800
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 48
Location : Opelousas Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 am

Marconius wrote:
It is easy to blame one guy when that one guy went public and admitted that his policies would cause a necessary increase in prices because he wanted to shift to alternative means(Google it, Bing it if your nasty......plenty of vids of him saying it on Youtube). He did keep his word.

echo......echo.....echo
Excellent point.

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Sir Pun on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 am

And look who his energy secretary is. He believes the same thing. Theyre happy about gas prices as long as it stays out of the headlines. Its the frog in a pot bit

Sir Pun

Posts : 1621
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Bryant on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:Post hoc ergo propter hoc is latin for "after this, therefore because of this."  Its a logical fallacy where one claims that because x precedes y, x must cause y.  Its false causation.  

Gas prices were low when Obama came to office because global demand plummeted in late 2008/early 2009 due to the global recession.  As the markets began to turn around demand rose, resulting in an increase in fuel prices (back to around where they were prior to the recession).  While the statement that gas was far cheaper when Obama first came to office is true, Obama's election isn't the reason gas prices went up.
1)We know what it means

2) Still spinning. If memory would serve you correct, global demand did not drop off. Emerging economies such as China and India took up the slack. Prices had dropped long before the recession hit.

It is easy to blame one guy when that one guy went public and admitted that his policies would cause a necessary increase in prices because he wanted to shift to alternative means(Google it, Bing it if your nasty......plenty of vids of him saying it on Youtube). He did keep his word.

echo......echo.....echo
In California, at least, prices fell into the $1.90/gal range in early 2009. Prices had previously been in the $3-4.00 range. Our prices eased back up to where they had been prior to the downturn as the economy began to improve. Not echo, economics.
avatar
Bryant
Admin

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29
Location : John Day, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:Post hoc ergo propter hoc is latin for "after this, therefore because of this."  Its a logical fallacy where one claims that because x precedes y, x must cause y.  Its false causation.  

Gas prices were low when Obama came to office because global demand plummeted in late 2008/early 2009 due to the global recession.  As the markets began to turn around demand rose, resulting in an increase in fuel prices (back to around where they were prior to the recession).  While the statement that gas was far cheaper when Obama first came to office is true, Obama's election isn't the reason gas prices went up.
1)We know what it means
You knew what it meant.  All I knew was that it was Latin. 

_________________

 


                   Roll Tide!
avatar
Dennis324

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 55
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Marconius on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 am

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:Post hoc ergo propter hoc is latin for "after this, therefore because of this."  Its a logical fallacy where one claims that because x precedes y, x must cause y.  Its false causation.  

Gas prices were low when Obama came to office because global demand plummeted in late 2008/early 2009 due to the global recession.  As the markets began to turn around demand rose, resulting in an increase in fuel prices (back to around where they were prior to the recession).  While the statement that gas was far cheaper when Obama first came to office is true, Obama's election isn't the reason gas prices went up.
1)We know what it means

2) Still spinning. If memory would serve you correct, global demand did not drop off. Emerging economies such as China and India took up the slack. Prices had dropped long before the recession hit.

It is easy to blame one guy when that one guy went public and admitted that his policies would cause a necessary increase in prices because he wanted to shift to alternative means(Google it, Bing it if your nasty......plenty of vids of him saying it on Youtube). He did keep his word.

echo......echo.....echo
In California, at least, prices fell into the $1.90/gal range in early 2009.  Prices had previously been in the $3-4.00 range.  Our prices eased back up to where they had been prior to the downturn as the economy began to improve.  Not echo, economics.
I was here (Cali) in 2009. I never saw it under $4/gallon. In fact, LA has always had some of the lowest gas prices in tUSA. It hasn't been below $2/gallon since the mid-2000's.

Tell you what......$1.90/gallon barely covers the Fed and state tax in Cali. You guys pay almost $.90/gallon. That would mean big oil was selling it for around $1/gallon. There is no profit at that level. Something in your figures is amiss.

Yes, it is economics. Simple economics 101 actually. The economics of a large government regulating and taxing costs so much that end level consumers pay much higher.

_________________
"If guns are supposed to kill people, then all of mine are defective..."
-The Honorable Ted Nugent

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
avatar
Marconius

Posts : 1800
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 48
Location : Opelousas Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communists in Congress? Just count 'em

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum