How about...

Go down

How about...

Post by Sir Pun on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Instead of conservative, we call ourselves constitutionalists?

Sir Pun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How about...

Post by Sir Pun on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Or maybe originalists, because lightning only strikes every now and then. I feel that way about the founding of this country, as do i about the teachings of jesus (the four gospels) over the over the rest of the NT

Sir Pun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Some of us already call ourselves Constitutionalists.

Problem is, progs have no regard for the Constitution. They seem to think it is a living document to be changed at a whim. They think that nothing will get done if they follow the document. It is hard to tell them that doing nothing ain't a bad thing if doing nothing protects the Constitution. Many times doing nothing or preventing something from happening is the best course of action. Take the Affordable Healthcare Act for an example. Idiots called conservatives obstructionists. Well the idiots got what they wanted......now they realize just bad it really is. Too bad they never tire of just being wrong. I guess there is no cure for stupid.

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
Marconius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Theres already a Constitution Party...

Link
And I've voted on it before.  I voted Constitution Party during Obama's 1st election because I couldn't stand John McCain.

Its a good party too!  I could get behind the party.  These guys try to interpret the Constitution according to the way the Founders initially meant it...or they try to.

They are against amnesty.
Pro Family Values, character and moral conduct.
They want to limit the power of the Federal Govt.
They want to abolish the IRS and the Fed Reserve.

They have a lot in common with the Libertarian Party except they are socially Conservative.  I like them a lot.

Problem is they are a 3rd party and pretty weak.  And they don't like the Fair tax or the flat tax.  I support a flat tax.  Plus they want to phase out Social Security.  I'm not sure I can get onboard with that either.

Roll Tide!
Dennis324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:22 pm

For many of us, phasing out social security makes sense. My personal accounts far outstrip my SS. SS was never meant as a retirement anyway. It was originally for disability alone. Folks like me do not want or need it, so as far as we are concerned, government should quit taking it.

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
Marconius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Maybe if they grandfathered it in it would be ok.  But what about the younger folks still paying into social Security?  Yet they wont get any of the benefits?

Personally I think the way the system was originally conceived, Social Security should have been fine.  Even with so many baby boomers retiring now...remember they all paid into the system.  That money ought to be there, plus the younger generation is still paying in.  That money should be there.

But what happened is the Feds raided Social Security for various projects.  That money was never to be touched.  Congress screwed up the system and now Social Security is going broke.  Its my understanding that a chunk of that money went to pay for Medicare and the Military.  Congress stole that money!  Its gone.

Imo, the people that raided that Trust fund ought to be put in jail.

Roll Tide!
Dennis324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 am

I ddnt know SS was just for disability

Sir Pun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 am

Originally

Marconius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum