Where I Live

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Where I Live

Post by Marconius on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 am

Yep, we definately watch out for our neighbors. I got a guy from Modesto CA working with us now. In fact he met me in Cali and wanted a job doing what we do so I gave him some guidance. He then moved to the Lafayette area, took the required safety classes.....on his own dime.....and got hired. He says he loves the southern lifestyle. He says he likes the fact that we are more laid back and take things slower. He also likes how many of us treat him like an old family member even though we haven't known him for long. He doesn't miss the dog-eat-dog way of life in Cali(from Modesto, but was living in Ventura). I see him changing more and more each week. His biggest problem was that he was worried about his long term goals. I told him worry only about today and do his job well today. Do not worry about tomorrow. If he handles his job well today, tomorrow will work out fine. He found that to be a foreign thought process at first, but now agrees with it 100%. He is even getting out of that whole "keeping up with the Jones" attitude. I told him that while he was trying to keep up with them, they were trying to keep up with him and neither would ever catch the other.

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
Marconius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Marconius wrote:Yep, we definately watch out for our neighbors. I got a guy from Modesto CA working with us now. In fact he met me in Cali and wanted a job doing what we do so I gave him some guidance. He then moved to the Lafayette area, took the required safety classes.....on his own dime.....and got hired. He says he loves the southern lifestyle. He says he likes the fact that we are more laid back and take things slower. He also likes how many of us treat him like an old family member even though we haven't known him for long. He doesn't miss the dog-eat-dog way of life in Cali(from Modesto, but was living in Ventura). I see him changing more and more each week. His biggest problem was that he was worried about his long term goals. I told him worry only about today and do his job well today. Do not worry about tomorrow. If he handles his job well today, tomorrow will work out fine. He found that to be a foreign thought process at first, but now agrees with it 100%. He is even getting out of that whole "keeping up with the Jones" attitude. I told him that while he was trying to keep up with them, they were trying to keep up with him and neither would ever catch the other.

True true. The main problem with people from most parts of California is that we tend to be too tight wound and stressed out.
Bryant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:Yep, we definately watch out for our neighbors. I got a guy from Modesto CA working with us now. In fact he met me in Cali and wanted a job doing what we do so I gave him some guidance. He then moved to the Lafayette area, took the required safety classes.....on his own dime.....and got hired. He says he loves the southern lifestyle. He says he likes the fact that we are more laid back and take things slower. He also likes how many of us treat him like an old family member even though we haven't known him for long. He doesn't miss the dog-eat-dog way of life in Cali(from Modesto, but was living in Ventura). I see him changing more and more each week. His biggest problem was that he was worried about his long term goals. I told him worry only about today and do his job well today. Do not worry about tomorrow. If he handles his job well today, tomorrow will work out fine. He found that to be a foreign thought process at first, but now agrees with it 100%. He is even getting out of that whole "keeping up with the Jones" attitude. I told him that while he was trying to keep up with them, they were trying to keep up with him and neither would ever catch the other.

True true.  The main problem with people from most parts of California is that we tend to be too tight wound and stressed out.

That is the unfortunate result of having too many people chasing after too few resources.

Did I ever tell you how much I loathe big cities???

Course even those in small town Santa Maria, Orcutt and Lompoc have similar attitudes of those south of them, albeit not nearly as bad. They are always in a rush and never stop to just enjoy the little things.....like peace and quite. That is too bad 'cause the people down here are good people. They have changed my thinking about Californians. Many have become lifelong friends of mine. I think us southerners are wearing off on a few of them though.

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!" -Gen. L. "Chesty" Puller, CO, 1 MARDIV, in Korea surrounded by 22 enemy divisions

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.
Marconius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2